First off, there are an overwhelming number of blogs! I didn't have a particular topic in mind I wanted to search for at first which made all of the blog search sites overwhelming. It was nice to go the edublog link that had it top blogs. I found though that I could get a pretty good feel for the blog by quickly scanning a couple posts to see if it is something that I would want to read more of.
After going to several of the links I always found myself going back to the Google blog search. I think it might because I use Google all the time to search for other things and it is most familiar and comfortable when the results come up. I did search for chemistry teacher blogs. I ended up finding a great link to some fun videos that might be usefull in my room room sometimes.
I will have to keep playing around and experimenting with the different search sites when I have some specific ideas of types of blogs I would like to find. I do like the blog rolls on the side of peoples blogs because if they first blog is quite what you want there are usually good possibilities of similar sites in the blog roll.
No comments:
Post a Comment