Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards List

When I looked at the list I was actually surprised at how many of these websites I had actually heard of before. I think one of my favorites of all time on the list is Google Earth. I have always loved maps and love how you get a 3-D image of the earth and can "fly" anywhere. I know in Social Studies classes this would be a great tool, especially in geography. I haven't figure out a way to tie it in my Chemistry class yet but if anybody has a suggestion I would love to hear it.

I also had a lot of fun looking around on Urban Spoon. I just moved to Houston a year ago so I am still trying to find new and fun places to eat. I like how the website gives you a map of the location, price range, professional review, and customer reviews all in one spot. I think I will be coming back to this when I need to find a new spot to go out and eat! Also, if you were ever to take kids on a field trip you could have them try to find a spot to eat on Urban Spoon and plan out all of the meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment