Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #10: Online Image Generator

These were some really fun sites to go to and mess around on. If I had a lot of time I could see myself having a lot of fun. The last site I went to the Glogster site seems like it could be a great way for students to create a poster for a presentation in a technological way instead of just using paper and marker. I would have to spend more time on the website before I would use in class but I think it could be really neat. I also really liked the wordle. I had seen this site before. Someone at a conference had shown it to me. I know that one thing that I have trouble with is having students pick out the main idea from the science information. If you were to post a passage in wordle the words that are used the most show up the biggest. This could be an easy way to help point students in the right direction of the main idea or concept of a passage.


ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

This image above was done on Image Chef using one of their photo frame templates. It is a picture I took on safari this summer in Kenya.
Wordle: MLK quote
This image above was done on wordle. It is a wordle of on of my favorite MLK quotes.
"

1 comment:

  1. Good ideas! I am intrigued by your safari in Africa. How fabulous! and now, back to the hum-drum of ordinary life?

    ReplyDelete