Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing #8: RSS Feeds

I had no idea about RSS feeds before I got to Thing #8. I find it very convenient way to get all of the websites you check regularly in one place. I can also see it helping me when the school year gets busy by telling me which articles are new and which articles I have already read. At times though it can be overwhelming if not checked regularly. I was out of the country for most of July and set up my RSS feed before I left but never wrote the post. I just checked it for the first time today and some of them said their were 700 new articles. I can see it being most useful when accessed on a normal basis.

For school, if their is a current event project or websites that would be helpful for students to use it might be good to have an RSS feed that the class can access that has all of the sites and blogs you find important for them to access. It will help to limit time wasted by them just searching on the internet.

I am excited to be back posting again after taking almost 2 months off for weddings and travel. Hopefully I can get through all 23 things before Aug. 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment